Scrapbook Resume

Sunday 25 March 2012

My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge #33: Card

I have wanted to participate in the MME challenges since I discovered them last month.....I just never got my act together in time for the last one...so this month I decided that I definately HAD to do it!
For more info on the challenge click here. But the main idea is to use this sketch.

Here is my card. I did not have any MME chipboard or die-cut shapes (I will have to remedy this in the future), so I cut out one of the hexagon's from the "Honey Pink" patterned paper. I think the papers I picked out are very romantic so this will definately be a perfect wedding card for someone.


The word happy was already on the paper....so I just added to it by stamping the word "together" to create my sentiment.


I made the banners using a mix of punched out circle shapes from the "Honey Pink" paper and the decorative buttons (which have these sweet little chipboard banner and button pieces).


My Minds Eye Supplies used: Patterned Paper - Follow Your Heart "Be Happy" Be Joyful & Honey Pink, Kraft Fun-day Everyday Fun "Fun & Games"; Follow Your Heart decorative buttons; Miss Caroline "Best" pins & buttons
Other Supplies used: Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher & Vintage Photo Distress ink; Studio AE Family Circle stamp set (together); Jenni Bowlin ink - Fountain Pen; Pearls - Kaisercraft; Burlap Twine - Papertreyink; Lace-misc.

Make sure to keep watch on the MME blog for the next month's challenge. I know I'll be playing along! 
Thanks for looking:)
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Totaaly cute card... love the banner accenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!! Great take on the sketch. Love the pretty papers you used and the gorgeous banner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, congrats on winning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, what a BEAUTIFUL card!
    I love those MME papers, and great idea stapling the flags on the cute wee line!
    Follow you I must :OD
    Regards from Norway!
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your card! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete